Welcome to Bend YIMBY, a group dedicated to fixing Bend’s housing crisis.
- There is a rental vacancy rate near 1% – even if you have the money, a good job and good references, it can be tough to find a place to live.
- The prices are going up to the point where people like teachers, police and firefighters are getting priced out.
Here are some topics we’ll be covering:
- The housing trilemma: a city can pick two out of three:
- No growth
- Who decides what kind of housing and businesses go where
- Traffic and infrastructure
- Who suffers when we don’t add housing
- What’s happening in other cities